[Edu-sig] edu-sig web page

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 20:59:50 CET 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> As a former author / maintainer of the edu-sig
> web page and frequent visitor thereto, I have
>
> (a) welcomed the new beta website and
>
> (b) sent some feedback to the effect that:
>
>    (i) opening first link / mention of this edu-sig
>        maillist gets "permission denied"
>
>    (ii) opening last link / mention of this edu-sig
>         maillist gets full listing of all SIGs

Thanks for doing that Kirby.

> I have high hopes both glitches will be fixed
> in short order and wanted to document my
> actions here so we don't all send the same
> feedback.  On the other hand, maybe that'd
> help improve the infrastructure?
>
> Let us wait and see.
>
> Good job on that new Python.org website eh?

Very nice job, I agree.

As I voluntary withdrew as a maintainer of the edu-sig web page (and indeed
from almost all other Python related activities), I feel hesitant to
complain.  But, I am surprised that:

1. in spite of having seen people volunteering for maintaining the edu-sig
web page when I left, I never saw anyone "approved by the proper
authorities" to do so.

2. the Education link at the top does not bring any information about the
existence of edu-sig (both the web page and this list).

3. at the bottom of http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/edu-sig/,
it is suggested that changes to that page should be sent to this list.
 But, I am not aware of how this can bring about changes as I don't know
anyone on this list having the proper "rights" to bring about changes.

Still, a very nice change to the website.  Hopefully, it will soon all get
sorted out.

André