[Edu-sig] Python's keywords and functions convertor into native language for lowering entrance barrier

Murat Jumashev jumasheff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:10:54 CET 2013

Hi,
My name is Murat, I am from Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic (Central Asia).
First off let me apologize if I chose a wrong mailing list (please, kindly
point me a right mailing list to go).

I am new to programming and I started from Python because it's very smooth
and readable lang. But it would not be easy for me to start learning
programming concepts without knowing basic English.

What I want to ask is is it possible to create a (buffer/middleware)
keywords and functions convertor-from-pythonese-English-to-pythonese-Kyrgyz
(and vice-versa) so that students with poor/no English could start learning
to code in their native language(s)? i.e. print / басуу, if / эгерде, else
/ болбосо, elif / же болбосо etc.

I am impressed by the guy who have invented an arabic programming language
in order to overcome a (natural) language barrier:
http://killscreendaily.com/headlines/arabic-programming-language-middle-eastern-games/

But I think it's more rational to write a native-to-pythonese-convertor
rather than inventing a new language from scratch. Can anyone tell me from
where to start?

Thank you.