[Edu-sig] mathics - free alternative to Mathematica built on Python and SymPy

David Chandler david at mathwithoutborders.com
Sun Feb 10 21:53:39 CET 2013

I've just started poking around with Sage, and it looks pretty good to me.
I don't see any big advantages using Mathics instead.  For students I'm
planning to just present them with a limited set of commands, for the topic
at hand, and point them to Ted Kosan's very nice newby tutorial for more.
--David Chandler