[Edu-sig] Teaching Python via PyGame

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:20:20 CET 2013

> Can anyone point me to some links that support using Python as an introduction
> to computing at an advanced high school level
>
> Can anyone point me to some reference material on tools used to teach python?

I made a pygame framework a few years ago with a similar goal:
http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/

There is a book linked from that page that goes through
writing pong and frogger using the framework.

Recently I have moved away from Pygame to PyQt.

I am working on updating Start Programming to video:
http://pynguin.googlecode.com/
https://code.google.com/p/pynguin/wiki/StartProgramming

Once students have some experience, they could try Pybotwar:
http://pybotwar.googlecode.com/