[Edu-sig] Maintaining the edu-sig page on python.org

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 01:07:36 CEST 2013

I see the edu-sig page as being primarily a front page for this email
list, where the subscribers have updated more current information.

The text of the page should encourage asked questions of our
subscribers versus always trying to remain comprehensive about every
cool tool, toy, book or education resource.

People with their own projects, books, kits, should feel free to toot
their own horns especially in response to queries.

In that light, I think edu-sig continues to do a good job, in that the
people here, summing over experience, tend to have a pretty wide net,
from Sage to Leo to Visual Python to Raspberry Pi to Portable Python
to RUR-Ple

As long as the list is responsive (and I think it is), I don't think
the web page has to be encyclopedic.

Kirby