[Edu-sig] python vs processing for introducing programming?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:05:26 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with experience in teaching
>> Processing to this age group, and anyone with any thoughts on the topic.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy Judkis
>> Academy of Allied Health and Science
>> Neptune, NJ
>>

> I probably shouldn't be answering this as I don't have the Processing
> experience, though would gladly attend a work shop at one of those
> "cultural literacy for STEM teachers" events in the planning.

When I wrote the above, I was all wound up from writing this essay, kinda
long, so just a link, but a good overview of my outlook, oft re-stated.

I would expect these views to be unpopular on math-thinking-l, another list
I've haunted, as it's so colored by the "object oriented outlook" (OOO or
O3).  :-)