[Edu-sig] Python in middle school redux

mary.dooms at comcast.net mary.dooms at comcast.net
Thu May 31 01:27:19 CEST 2012

I am interesting in gaining your feedback on these Python programming lessons, particularly ones that address the 6th and 7th grade Common Core.

http://www.google.com/edu/computational-thinking/lessons.html

I had good intentions of using python with my 6th graders, however a lack of both time and vision have prevented me from doing so. What intrigues me about these lessons is that they use programming to solve problems--deconstruct the problem to construct an algorithm. The lessons are very focused which make the task of writing a program manageable.

A webinar featuring Phil Wagner will air June 6.

http://mathfuture.wikispaces.com/ExploringComputationalThinking

What are your thoughts? Is the another database of python lessons that address the Common Core?