[Edu-sig] Using try / except: any stipulations against routine use?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:39:33 CET 2011

> Note every alternative weighs equally.  Laura things  thedict [thekey]
> = thedict.get( thekey, 0) + 1 is starting to get too fancy / clever /
> tricky and detracts from readability (a shared value).

"Not every alternative weighs equally.  Laura thinks..." (fixing errors)...

Quoting from Python scripture, I'm not saying much more than (or much
different from):

"""
There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch.
"""

-- from import this