[Edu-sig] anyone using Python with Sketchup (free Google tool)?

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:45:44 CEST 2011

Is there an advantage to using SketchUp over Blender?

I tried getting in to SketchUp a few times but I never got
to the point where I could do anything very interesting.

Also, it is not really free. SketchUp Pro cost about $500.

Blender, on the other hand is totally free, and has
Python built right in. There is an editor where you
can write Python scripts. They have put in a huge
amount of work on the Python API for their new 2.5
series. There is also an interactive interpreter window
built in.