[Edu-sig] Why Python?

calcpage at aol.com calcpage at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 03:09:47 CEST 2010

OOO, are we talking about parallel processing now? I have this computer
lab at school with all new 64bit dual core PCs I don't know what to do
with.  You mention multithreading python processes, but this would work
only on a single multi core PC, right?  What about a LAN environment
made use of as a grid or cluster. Then you need somethng like MPI. What
about parallel python? Anyone using that?

TIA,
A. Jorge Garcia
http://calcpage.tripod.com

Teacher & Professor
Applied Mathematics, Physics & Computer Science
Baldwin Senior High School & Nassau Community College