[Edu-sig] importing modules at IDLE startup

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 18:47:53 CET 2009

1-2-3 testing...

I created fred.py in site-packages of a 2.x for running in IDLE:

from __future__ import division
from math import sqrt

def test():
    return (1/3, sqrt(2))

print test()

if __name__=="__main__":
    test()

Students would have to use Recently Opened, fred.py, F5, which is not
what you want.

I encourage teachers to abandon 2.x at the earliest opportunity,
realizing we're looking at VPython so really can't afford the luxury
of cutting ties.  Math without any VPython at all is hardly worth
pursuing.

Kirby