[Edu-sig] Pythonic Math must include...

Daniel Ajoy da.ajoy at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:01:35 CEST 2009

I've some other candidates that I have included in my Logo Functional Extensions (LogoFE).

* A function that receives a math function and plots it.
* A function that receives a math equation and an interval and finds a root in that interval
* A function that receives a math function and an interval and calculates the area under that curve
* The Ruffini algorithm
* A function that receives a math function and a X coordinate and finds the derivative at that point. Or returns the derivative function if you like.

* Set arithmetic. Including set product. This, together with "join" and list comprehensions is all you need instead of SQL

* Functions that produce permutations and combinations of a tuple.

Daniel