[Edu-sig] xturtle robocode idea?!

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:21:08 CET 2009

Hello,

I've been searching around for python analogue of robocode...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocode

I found just some unfinished experiments

but then I thought xturte should be ideal for this:
- supors 2d movement :)
- supports multiple turtles
- has ontimer event as well as onkey
(http://xturtle.rg16.at/code/xtx_games/xtx_spaceship.py)

maybe smb has tried or wants to try to make little framework for this?

I saw robocode in action ~5 years ago when my friend was teaching java
maybe now it has more features
but then it was enought to gather the prepaired bots' logics (from each student)
and run them locally alltogether...
and it was really fun and involving ;)
bot had information abour the field and coordinates of other bots (and
they flying missles)
and could decide on direction changing or fireing..
that's all :)

--
Jurgis Pralgauskis
Don't worry, be happy and make things better ;)