[Edu-sig] PyWhip ???

Andrew Harrington aharrin at luc.edu
Sun Mar 8 01:08:06 CET 2009

Neat site!  We needed this for Python!

You do need to say what version of Python you are using.  Is this 3.0?

I added a problem, but it would have been easier with a little more help on
problem submission:

1. Description is in html.  Other fields are plain text.
2. Examples are in doctest format.  They are shown to the user after the
description.
3. The Skeleton initializes the source code edit area.
4. Tests are in doctest format.  The ones in the section 'Tests'  are
displayed when the user runs the code.

You cannot save your problem edits without something in the Other Tests
section (and the Solution section, too?)

How are the Other Tests and the Solution sections used?

At least if you sign in, it would be nice to have a link to instructions,
and read-only access to the setup data for one or more of the problems.

Is there a way for the solution to be exposed to the user, at least after
they get a correct solution, for comparison?

Andy

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Athar Hameed اطهر حمید <atharh at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Jurgis Pralgauskis
> <jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Athat Hameed has finished the prototype of our online Python practice
> system.
> >> See http://py-bat.appspot.com
> > seems like good start :)
> We have now moved the website to http://pywhip.appspot.com.
> >
> > I'd suggest integrating EditArea http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea/
> > "Easy to integrate, only one script include and one function call"
> I will check it out.
> >
> > I also kind of develop similar idea ...
> > http://84.55.3.131:801/ (takes up to minute when connecting :\)
> And this too.
> >
> > also sanboxed python might be of use
> > http://blog.sandbox.lt/en/WSGI%20and%20PyPy%20sandbox
> We are currently using the sandboxed Python that comes with Google App
> Engine.
> >

> Cheers,
> Athar

Andrew N. Harrington