[Edu-sig] Fwd: python publication

roberto roberto03 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 12:19:43 CEST 2009

2009/7/13 kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>:
> In terms of academic-flavored papers, it's OK to bypass the journals
> as you'll still get peer reviewed in the blogosphere, plus are more
> likely to find your real peers (scholarly journal publishers are
> mostly way behind on topics like Python, hard to find any apropos).
>
> I like the idea of sharing with Cherlin of course, as XO is cutting edge.

thank you for your comments;

my intended aim is:
- writing a report on the activity to let other guys in the field know
what else is going on
- the report should be totally free of charge and web-available
- the report should be citable in other reports/papers or else
- receive comments from other educators using Python in classrooms, to
improve my future plans

i'll seriously consider sugarlabs choice, if you think i may collaborate;

> Here's a recent example of "academic flavored" (circulating among
> Jordanians among others (just because of who I've been meeting with
> more)).
>
> http://www.4dsolutions.net/presentations/holistic_siliconforest_ver2.pdf
>
> I've been tracking the Europython threads some, but if there's an
> education-relevant thread someone *on the scene* wants to start, I'm
> all eyes and ears.
>
> Kirby
>
> PS:  I thought this one from Slate was remarkably mean-spirited and ungeeky.
>
> Like *of course* we want/need a multiplicity of operating systems, the
> more the merrier, so go Google!
>
> This nasty unfriendly attitude towards diversity seems more prevalent
> in less sophisticated corporate cultures, anti-cosmopolitan,
> illiberal.  Just my take.  Maybe he's just a loose cannon.
> http://www.slate.com/id/2222564?nav=wp

roberto