[Edu-sig] xturtle online via processing.js !?

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis.pralgauskis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 16:07:41 CET 2009

Hey, thats cute :)

1) I played around, and added Turtle.circle() to actions :)
in code its called called circle_forward(self, radius, extent=None)
and also aliased as circle
you can find it http://files.akl.lt/users/jurgis/python/crunchy/

1a) seems it would be best to use canvas interface methods,
which are already in graphics module (according to DRY phylosophy)
or at least decine upon method naming --
 which just generate code vs those that pass it to exec_js plugin

1b) seems, like  polygons and filling also would not be a big problem
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Canvas_tutorial/Drawing_shapes#section_9
for fill you'd just jave to collect the points and then repeat them
with fill() at end

2) and also I'd like to make it convert all actions to javacript code at once
then it would be easier to implement turtel_js and graphics in other
projects --
easily escaping crunchy :D
As now for asinchronous update, the server and session must be up all the time

2a) then probably time.sleep would be also good to interface directly to js
something like
http://groups.google.co.in/group/phpguru/browse_thread/thread/8215dcdc2ac7321c

3) how is it related to server_root/reborg js experiments?

so I'll try sth more tomorrow or in a week-time

--
Jurgis Pralgauskis
Don't worry, be happy and make things better ;)