[Edu-sig] more on digital math...

Gregor Lingl gregor.lingl at aon.at
Sun Aug 9 18:42:18 CEST 2009

kirby urner schrieb:
--...
> Two Python specific feedbacks from that meeting:
>
> A.  Another Title
>
> One of the teachers is using this book, which was assigned to him (he
> didn't choose it):
>
> Python Programming in Context by Miller and Ranum:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/17157315@N00/3800868585/
> http://www.amazon.com/Python-Programming-Context-Bradley-Miller/dp/0763746029/

> There's a lot of turtle stuff in the above title, but I'm not sure to
> what extent, if any, it works of Gregor's version.

Programming in Context uses cturtle, a slightly augmented version of an
early version of my xturtle module. The additions proposed by Brad
Miller have found their way into turtle.py. So turtle.py has definitely
the full functionality needed in the book.

However there have been made some changes in the naming of certain
functions/methods in order that turtle.py complies with the naming
conventions for modules of the standard library, e. g. onClick ->
onclick and things like this.

Anyway it should not only be possible but also  very  easy to adapt the
programs of the book to run with turtle.py

The book has an appendix with a description of the API of cturtle, which
can easily compared with Python's docs for the turtle module to find out
which are the differences.

Regards,
Gregor