[Edu-sig] What version of Python to teach ....

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Sun Apr 19 21:07:56 CEST 2009

One note:
It is very important to teach your students how to read code.  I think that
this is even more important that teaching them how to write code -- not
only will they spend more time reading code than writing code in their
lives, but it is through reading other people's code that you can learn
any technique for writing code.  (Well, that, and a whole lot of practice,
but a certain amount of reading of code every day can cut down on the
number of things that you have to learn by doing.)

There isn't a lot of Python 3.0 code out there to read.  So even if you
are only teaching your students how to write 3.0, you will still have to
teach them how to read 2.x.

Just thought I would mention it before I forgot,
Laura