[Edu-sig] Webster Van Robot (and rur-ple)

Jurgis Pralgauskis jurgis at akl.lt
Mon Sep 8 11:20:27 CEST 2008

> I want to call everyone's attention to RUR-PLE, another  Karel successor that the students control with actual Python.  I've used it quite successfully for 3 or 4 years now, it provides a great wading pool for trying out the basic concepts, and they get exposed to the real syntax from the first day.
>
> Check it out at http://rur-ple.sourceforge.net/.

I also like it a lot, so with experienced friend prepaired .deb package
https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5132850
and also theres some intro stuff  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RUR-PLE

ps.: http://webstervanrobot.com could someday be converted to be even
more visual
as http://scratch.mit.edu/about (which is top tool for programmin
introduction for all ages :)
html +js gives enough possibilities for drag and drop puzzle functionality