[Edu-sig] BOF at SIGCSE 2009

Richard Enbody enbody at cse.msu.edu
Tue Oct 21 20:14:47 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I am putting together a proposal for a Birds-of-a-Feather meeting at
SIGCSE 2009 on use of Python in CS1 courses.  There is a place for
additional discussion leaders.  Anyone interested in helping me lead a BOF?

The deadline for the BOF proposal is Monday, Oct 27.  Discussion leaders
must commit to being at SIGCSE 2009 (March 4-7 in Chattanooga, TN
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/groups/sigcse09/)

My draft title is: "Is Python appropriate for CS1?"

Contact me directly at enbody at cse.msu.edu, if you are interested.

In any case, if this BOF happens, I hope that any Edu-sig folk at SIGCSE
will attend and add their $0.02

Cheers,

-rich
enbody at cse.msu.edu