[Edu-sig] Ruby in the Curriculum

David MacQuigg macquigg at ece.arizona.edu
Sat Nov 8 13:38:51 CET 2008

At 04:10 PM 11/7/2008 -0800, kirby urner wrote:

>Ruby also good at integrating OpenGL, expect lots of good curriculum
>writing for that language already in the pipeline.

Wouldn't it be better to port the good stuff to Python?  Same for Ruby-on-Rails.  The more we fork, the longer it will take to get Python where it belongs, ahead of Java in our curriculums, preferably at the Freshmen level or earlier, with Java, C++, Ruby, etc. for those who are going to be full-time programmers.