[Edu-sig] introduction

Richard Enbody enbody at cse.msu.edu
Thu Mar 20 16:31:33 CET 2008

Greetings.

I'm a professor in Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan State
University, and we started using Python last fall (2007) in our first
programming course for majors (CS and CpE), i.e. a 'CS1' course.
However, more than half the students are non-majors. The URL is
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse231

MSU is a large, midwestern US university (40K students).  Our CS1 course
has two lecture sections of slightly over a hundred students each with a
scheduled ('closed') weekly lab.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all (and I'm embarrassed
that it took me so long to find this list).

Cheers.

-rich
enbody at cse.msu.edu