[Edu-sig] Pygame etc.

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 02:34:23 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/19 kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com>:

<< SNIP >>

>> PS:  the Europython list is making me homesick for Vilnius,
>
> My grandfather was from Vilnius. You might like to check out Andrius
> Kulikauskus's Minciu Sodas, which is based there.

Hey thanks for that informative posting Edward, lots I didn't know
mixed with some familiar stuff I enjoy revisiting.

My overlap with Alan Kay was courtesy of Mark Shuttleworth who threw
together this high powered meeting in London aimed at thinking through
a strategy for South Africa (some government representation, other
private sector).

We pow wowed for about 2.5 days, Gunner clerking.[1]

I blogged about it live at the time [2] plus have had some time to
reflect since then, lots of field testing ideas.

I haven't been the South Africa in the interim (used to go there more
often when my parents lived in Lesotho) but do check on Kusasa from
time to time, to see how it's going.[3]  Love them Freedom Toasters!
[4]

Kirby

[1] http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=708462278
[2] http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2006/04/shuttleworth-summit-day-two.html