[Edu-sig] graphics on mac

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:35:09 CET 2008

Have you looked at pyglet?  I'm not sure if it works with Python 2.3,
but I saw a demonstration of it at a Chicago Python User Group meeting
a few months ago and it appeared to both have very few dependencies as
well as a clean and straightforward API.

I have done Cocoa graphics programming using Python via PyObjC, and
while it's not particularly hard, it is a bit ugly-looking simply due
to the syntax used when sending messages to Objective-C objects.  If
you like, though, I can send you some basic code to get you started.

Also, is your school planning on upgrading to Leopard at any point?
One big advantage of it is that it comes with Python 2.5 and a number
of nice Mac-specific modules built-in (such as PyObjC).

- Atul