[Edu-sig] Thoughts about IDLE

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 02:54:22 CET 2008

2008/12/13 michel paul <mpaul213 at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What frustrates me in class though, is I'll get low on the projected
> screen, having entered a bunch of session variables, identified a lot
> of stuff, and then I'm sort of stuck to the lower edge, unable to wipe
> to the top and/or mouse blank command line to the top (drag
> operation).
>
> I have found it useful to resize the shell and a programming window so each
> occupies one half of the screen.  Above in the programming window is text I
> want to present, and below is the Shell waiting for interaction.

Does your shell let you get back to the top?

In IDLE, once I'm down at the bottom, I have no easy way to drag the
canvas upwards.

I want to make the bottom >>> (prompt) go way up high, where the back
row can see it better.

Here's a screen shot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17157315@N00/3105501071/sizes/o/