[Edu-sig] python for kids...

Jason R Briggs jasonrbriggs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:57:01 CEST 2007

Hi Bryan

I don't think I'm particularly watering things down.  Rather taking it
slow and going with the basics.  The original idea came from David
Brin's Salon article last year, which decried a lack of ability in
finding a workable version of Basic to teach his son, and argued against
'scripting' languages (like Python).  So I was focussing more on
covering the basics of programming that I remember reading when I first
learned basic at the age of 8 (which was, scarily, almost 30 years ago).