[Edu-sig] python for kids...

Richard Guenther heistooheavy at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 14:45:55 CET 2007

Jason,

I've been using your book with high school students--most from 9th and 10th grade.  There have been some excellent responses here, including David's.

I understand your dilemma and would suggest an approach used in books like the "for Dummies" books.  You may want to put this topic in a sidebar, perhaps with a darker shading and a title like "What's really gong on here?".  That way, younger readers won't be so distracted by this distinction, and yet more mature readers will be able to explore that in more detail.

Just an idea.

Richard