[Edu-sig] More pipeline developments

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue Mar 27 22:59:29 CEST 2007

I wanted to thank Markus and Kirby for pointing out Scratch to the
list.  After a little exposure to Lego Mindstorms, both my kids were
able to pick up scratch and start building with it.  My ten-year-old
helps my 6-year-old with programming now %-)

I've had some fun with it as well, although, like Kirby, I miss my
OO, and wish I could extend it.  Rather than wishing, I'm working on
creating a scratch-like view in my Python and Cocoa-based animation
tool, Drawing Board.  Still very early stages, but I think it could
give a nice curve for moving from direct manipulation to  drag-and-
snap interfaces to reading/writing the resulting code.

Thanks!

--Dethe