[Edu-sig] Training or cert

Eric Frost eric.frost at mp2kmag.com
Wed Mar 14 07:36:59 CET 2007

> Any other recommendation?

I'll start that I'm travelling this week so weight was a consideration..

I bought two books so far:

Python Phrasebook by Brad Dayley, it looks like it's from Sams Publishing. I love that it starts with only a very simple reference
and then launches into examples, the whole book is short examples. Very smart, just like a phrasebook for brushing up on practical
German or something.

And Python Pocket Reference from O'Reilly --
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonpr3/
"Updated to cover Python 2.4, Python Pocket Reference, 3rd Edition is the perfect on-the-job reference. For experienced Python
developers, this book is a compact toolbox that delivers need-to-know information at the flip of a page. This third edition also
includes an easy-lookup index to help developers find answers fast! The Python Pocket Reference, 3rd Edition serves as the perfect
companion to Learning Python and Programming Python."

I'm not actually sure I have the latest version, it's so small I cannot find it right now in my hotel room :-(. Must be in jacket or
something. But anyway I was tickled by the deliberate brevity and compactness, there is no author information for instance. It ends
with "Always look in the bright side of life." in the Python tips sections which is perhaps the only digression, yet still practical
as well.

So this is the start of my "education", just thought I'd follow up and share.

Eric

http://www.mapvisitors.com