[Edu-sig] Python in Secondary Schools

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 02:00:08 CEST 2007

> Why does the Python community need to champion anything? Let
> individuals champion what they want. The Python community as a whole
> is way too diverse to champion any particular thing. While Python is
> open source, Python doesn't take a position on the superiority of open
> source. Open source happens to have been expedient for Python's
> proliferation. Your mileage may vary. We're not the FSF.

<philosophical>

Doesn't need to, but could fly the CP4E and/or OLPC banners
if it wanted.

How exactly that looked on the ground would vary from individual
to individual, but it is possible to get community support for certain
initiatives having to do with the core good or service (in this case
Python) and it's potential role in society (in this case education).

Anyway, possible doesn't mean required, I agree.

</philosophical>

I've agreed to keep such meta-discussions off of edu-sig.

That'll have to do as my last such comment for the time being
(in this particular venue).