[Edu-sig] Pythonic Mathematics (session four)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun May 14 06:02:41 CEST 2006

On 5/13/06, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a successful breakthrough regarding my Saturday Academy class in
> Python Mathematics:  use kepler.dodecahedron and plato.dodecahedron to
> show why dodecahedron alone is ambiguous and/or why a name collision
> might happen.

In case that's to esoteric for some non-geometers here:  there are two
basic dodecahedral polyhedra that every grade schooler should know
about:

(a) the Platonic pentagonal one, and
(b) the space-filler Kepler researched quite a bit:  the rhombic dodecahedron.

So by making two namespaces, plato and kepler...

Anyway, you get the idea.