[Edu-sig] Learning Python via a browser: looking for a name

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Tue May 2 01:08:18 CEST 2006

On 5/1/06, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/06, Dethe Elza <delza at livingcode.org> wrote:
> > On 5/1/06, Andre Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Then, just to "contradict myself" (since Art is no longer around to make
> > > statements like that), I would probably have to say that (Py)Squeak is
> > > an environment designed to learn programming concept ... and
> > > learn about mathematics too.
> >
> > re: (Py)Squeak
> >
> > I prefer Pipsqueak as a name %-)
>
> :-D
>
> That is to say ... as long you're not suggested this as a name for my
> app!  (After all, my original rather long post included one and only
> one question: what should I name my app ;-)

Which is funny, because I *had* forgotten the origin of the thread
(and reading it in gmail it's easy to lose track--I don't see the
thread title when I'm reading/replying).

But no, I would call your app "All your web are belong to Python" or
AYWABTP. It really flows off the tongue.

Or maybe "Python in a Box."

Or "A Taste of Python" (tastes like chicken)

Something about spiders (the web) and snakes. Hmm., getting creepy.
Which has "py" in it: "Cree.py"

"Python Webs"

Or, if you want to go with Monty Python, "Crunchy Frog" for no reason
except it's a skit I can remember which I don't think has been used
for a python package yet.

--Dethe