[Edu-sig] Maybe 'learn python with your kids' is an idea whose time has come?

Jan Ulrich Hasecke jan.ulrich at hasecke.com
Wed Mar 29 15:22:12 CEST 2006

Am 29.03.2006 um 15:02 schrieb Laura Creighton:

> We could do this for Europython.  Do we want to?  What would we
> teach, and what would we need?
>

> I volunteered to teach an
> introductory class in Python to all comers.
>
> I announced this on the ChiPy list and on the Linux Users of Northern
> Illinois (LUNI) list, and made no other effort to promote it.

I think that this experience is very promising. I think that
announcing introductory classes will motivate some more parents to
come with their kids. But I am sure that these kids will have very
different skills, so do we need different levels?

1. What is python? Short introduction into the very basics

2. Advanced beginner course

3. Open Workshops: everybody can come and ask questions

juh