[Edu-sig] Properties use case

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 18:17:42 CET 2006

I use numeric a lot, and I understand what you mean.

Perhaps there is some Python-like scientific language yet to be
invented, but on the other hand, perhaps the interface between
convenient latent typing and efficient strong typing may be fated to
always be a bit uncomfortable.

Meanwhile I have been (rather irresponsibly) obsessed with the idea of
a mutable complex. It turned out to be harder than I expected but I
learned a lot in the process. Even though I'm still not sure it's a
useful idea, I am ready to do it in a rather pretty way, but it will
take a couple of hours I'm not sure I have. If you want to beat me to
the punch read this thread (if you dare):

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-March/331842.html

mt