[Edu-sig] Properties use case

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 00:16:50 CET 2006

> And I can't easily explain why I felt the need to push it a step further -

Do give it a try, please.

> to in fact having a more truly full implementation of complex numerics
> contained *as* my object - not as an attribute of it.  But there were
> reasons.  Some more practical, more less.

Well, if you do it right, the enclosing code would not be different
from that of a "truly full" implementation. That's why we use objects
in the first place! The rest of the code should need no information
about how you implement your mutable complex type.

So unless there's a performance issue I can't see what you lose by
wrapping the complex number.

mt