[Edu-sig] [edupython] News about turtle graphics

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Fri Jun 23 12:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi Gregor,

I tried it out on OS X and it works great.  There are some very
beautiful demos.  I will try to dig under the hood at some point and
see if it would be feasible to replace Tinker with Cocoa
(conditionally, if the user has PyObjC installed, otherwise it could
fall back to Tkinter).

Putting it into Javascript would probably be possible, and there is
even a workaround for <canvas> in IE, but the performance would
definitely take a hit.

Great work.  I should take a look at Rur-ple now...

--Dethe