[Edu-sig] Crunchy name

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 02:49:59 CEST 2006

On 7/25/06, Dethe Elza <delza at livingcode.org> wrote:

> But I also like Crunchy Python, which seems to be the mefi favorite.
>
> --Dethe

Yeah, I suppose Crunchy Python ain't bad, though that gives me the
idea of "eating Python" (as in learning it).  Someone will come up
with Smooth Python in that case, as in the USA anyway, Crunchy is
highly associated with Peanut Butter, which comes in two major
varieties:  Crunchy and Smooth.

Anyway, if the tutorials are about Python, then yes, eating Python is
apt.  However, your web framework might be used for anything
interactive and web based.  Something like Python Presents or
PowerPython (a riff on PowerPoint) might be in order.  Other names
like ShowTime, PythonPresenter, and SnakeShow might be considered.

However, you seem especially tied to this word Crunchy and if that's
your pick, just be aware of whom you neighbors will likely be (other
Crunchy animals, to start -- implying Pythons eat a lot of other
things, like frogs, not just themselves).