[Edu-sig] Alan Kay - another one of his ideas

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:18:28 CEST 2006

On 17/07/06, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> francois schnell wrote:
>

> > Einstein said that it's  ~"hard to understand what you never
> > experienced" and I believe that's why he also said that  "imagination
> > is more important that knowledge" (ridding a photon to ~"experience"
> > relativity, etc  ...).
> >
> Francois,
>
> I have read the Book of Kay.  If it were have the proper effect on me,
> it would have done so already.  Quoting from it to me is therefore to no
> avail.  But I suspect you knew that already.

To my knowledge Alan Kay never wrote a 'Book'  ... I'm then somewhat puzzled
by your omniscience and omnipotence ;)

"If you're looking at something and you don't know where it comes from, if
there's no pointer to the source, you can ignore it."

Tim Berners-Lee (WWW 'father')

cheers,

francois

However I do see  why the  ability to think independently  looms large