[Edu-sig] Alan Kay - another one of his ideas

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 20:26:00 CEST 2006

On 7/12/06, ajsiegel at optonline.net <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:

> Assuming that is accepted, shouldn't the Python community interested in the
> subject of education be concentrating on creating the applications geared
> toward the adult mindset?

This is just about one curriculum in particular though, Kusasa's in
South Africa.  How widely adopted it will be remains to be seen.

> And that become the focus of edu-sig?

*A* focus, certainly.

> That's been my position for 5 years, or so.
>
> Having not made many friends, or influenced many people by
> expressing it.
>
> Art

I think you've had a lot of influence over the years, but in ways
we'll never be able to precisely measure, so what can I say about it.
Hmmmm....

Anyway, I too am looking more and more at sharing Python with fully
fledged adults (whatever that means).  I don't think we'll get quality
K12 lesson planning around this resource without more adult
understanding.

Look for me on the teacher training circuit.