[Edu-sig] re-doing GvR in xturtle

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 02:46:24 CEST 2006

> The soon-to-be-released-next-version will have quite a few sample
> tutorials as well as documentation that includes all kinds of examples
> that can be cut-and-pasted.   We're mostly adding the final touches to
> a "security module" before we proceed with the next release (hopefully
> this week).
>
> André

Thanks André, you answered my question about what teachers would pass
around, assuming Crunchy Frog installed / working.

Tried in Python 2.5 but even after changing to xlm.etree, could find
HTMLTreeBuilder, so ended up with separate ElementTree installation.

It'd be nice if a VLAM evaluation would then give an ensuing Python
interpreter access to the namespace created thereby, something like
i.e. if I define a class and user Evaluates, then user might create
objects of that class in the following line-by-line dialog.

Or is that capability already somehow present and I've missed seeing it?