[Edu-sig] re-doing GvR in xturtle

Scott Chapman scott_list at mischko.com
Fri Aug 11 19:39:29 CEST 2006

I'm beginning work on moving GvR into xturtle.

The main reason I'm doing this is that I want to get over the language
limitations that GvR currently has.  (No variable assignment, etc.)  In other
words, I want to be able to teach much more of Python to young people with
such an environment.  It'll take a while to get this done.  I'm new to TK
programming.  I do web development.  If Crunchy had sufficient graphics and
sandboxing, I'd probably do it all in Crunchy for web delivery, etc.  I'll
keep an eye on their progress.

If anyone's interested in the results or has commentary, please let me know.

Eventually, it would be very nice to have a whole curriculum around such an
environment, with teaching materials, quizzes, tests, answer keys, etc.

If anyone has already done this, please let me know.  I'd rather not reinvent
this if I don't have to.

Cordially,
Scott