[Edu-sig] Turtles all the way down (was Re: Tips ...)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 06:46:17 CEST 2006

> Anyway, I'm sure you could
> fit Python for several OS's onto one CD plus some useful libraries, and
> save some time doing setup, which is otherwise a great way to waste a
> lot of class time.

That sounds feasible in some cases. At Saturday Academy, I phone in
what I'd like in the lab, maybe a few weeks ahead of time.  I don't
personally install stuff, nor necessarily have the rights to (I'm not
usually root nor even sysop on PSU systems).

I bring one of my own laptops to demo my stuff from the instructor desk.