[Edu-sig] Vector Library (was: Shuttleworth Summit)

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Sat Apr 22 08:10:47 CEST 2006

If you want a smaller library than Mozilla's xulrunner, it might be
worth considering PyCairo[1].  Cairo is the 2D vector library that
Mozilla is moving to.  If you want to build up from core principles,
at least using vectors as the core principles beats using pixels.
They're not mutually exclusive of course, but Cairo does pixels better
than PyGame does vectors, from what I've seen.  Cairo has a backend
called glitz which takes advantage of hardware acceleration, and it
can also write to Postscript files for printing, which is useful in an
educational context.

[1] http://cairographics.org/pycairo

--Dethe