[Edu-sig] Shuttleworth Summit

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Fri Apr 21 11:15:19 CEST 2006

re. 2D/3D engines with python bindings, there is a the Panda 3D engine
with pytohn bindings  (www.padna3d.org) that was originally developed by
Disney, but later relased as free software. From the website:

"""Panda3D was developed by Disney for their massively multiplayer
online game, Toontown. It was released as free software in 2002. Panda3D
is now developed jointly by Disney and Carnegie Mellon University's
Entertainment Technology Center.
"""
Unfortunately, I belive the license (http://www.panda3d.org/license.php)
does not qualify as a FSF-defined free license (GPL-compatible or not);
for instance it has export restrictions, so it may not be interesting
for a project like this, but I thought I'd mention panda3d  for
completeness sake.

Cheers,

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley