[Edu-sig] The end is near :)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:07:59 CEST 2006

> So you argree that Alice is overreaching and out-of-line with a statement like

Alice is not big on my radar.  It's not even a Python project.  When
it comes to protecting the integrity of CS from watering down, I look
to people stronger than you to fight the dumbing down influences.

I think you'd have more fun making inroads with Pygeo, and stop being
so distracted by APIs you dislike.  No one is asking you to use them.
Build a boat that floats, don't waste time poking holes in other
peoples' boats.

Then you do a lot of speculation about who did what to whom (Disney
yadda yadda), which might be fun if you were really inside all these
companies and privy to their inner workings.

Not really that fun.

I find I'm tuning out these speculations more and more.  But regarding
Klein and how you could teach his material using Python, I'm all ears.
 I have no beef with Klein (unless we own a cow or two in common).