[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Oct 9 02:54:14 CEST 2005

Seems to me that the analogies with "car culture" are too close to ignore.

Women drive cars to pretty much the same extent as men but few care much
about the operating system.

How many megahertz do you got under the hood of that baby?

What's your baud?

It was a great day for me when I went from 1400 to 2800.

Not a joy I could share with my wife.

The question is are these phenomenon related by having the same parent
class, or is computer culture - for whatever reason - something that
subclassed directly from car culture.