[Edu-sig] A case against GUIs in intro CS :-)

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Sat Jun 4 22:44:58 CEST 2005

> There are actually subtle dangers in event-driven design itself. I
> heartily suggest everyone read Miro Samek's "Who Moved My State",
> C/C++ Users Journal, April 2003. He says it much better than I can,
> and he's one who Really Knows.

After a little Googling, here it is:
http://www.quantum-leaps.com/writings/samek0304.pdf

It looks interesting, at a first glance. I'll read it soon.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

Forget everything you ever learned about wxPython/Twisted integration.
It is no longer relevant. Forget that any of the ugly wxPython+Twisted
Python Cookbook entries, lame wiki examples, twisted.internet.wxreactor,
etc. even exist. -- Bob Ippolito, April 2005