[Edu-sig] New Functional Geometry

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Thu Feb 17 02:10:35 CET 2005

> There seems to be some consensus, or at least general interest, in
> graphics programming as a means to some ends in an educational
> setting.

Yes, and I would add under the heading of "graphics programming" the use of
filters, other algorithms, to process pictures as arrays, i.e. to do image
processing.

The PIL tutorial gets into this some, and it's used in Mathematica resources
as well.

Yesterday I attended a presentation on optics in biomedicine.  Image
processing is very much the name of the game in that field -- and of course
many others as well.