[Edu-sig] Re: python satacad: class 5

Mon Feb 14 20:01:45 CET 2005

Kirby Urner wrote:
> (I notice that test7.bmp is 2.3 meg -- I'll convert it to compressed format
> after I post this email (POV-Ray output is defaulting to bmp in our class)).
If you add '+FN' on the command line
or the moral equivalent on Windows:
	[Render] [Edit Settings/Render]    ==    Alt-R Alt-R Return
and change the "Command Line Options" to include "+FN", you will
generate .PNGs, which are losslessly compressed.  Much smaller than
.BMP (still larger than .JPG), but preserve everything.  Using
.PNGs will make it easier for your students to take pictures home.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org