[Edu-sig] 3d goggles -- any recommendations

Hans Fangohr H.FANGOHR at soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 19:13:15 CET 2005

Hi Kirby,

> On the low end, price-wise, I was able to snag a stack of red/blue stereo
> glasses from a local 3D museum.  They're basically cardboard with cellophane
> color filters, and I got mine for free.  I expect they'd typically go for
> well under a euro in bulk.
This is excellent (and if anyone can tell me where I can order such
glasses, please do! (Need them delivered to the United Kingdom)). I'd love
to use this, too -- seems ideal for presentations and lectures.

> And I obtained these glasses specifically for a demonstration involving
> VPython.  I wanted my OSCON 2004 audience to experience a rhombic
> triacontahedron floating out in front of the big screen on which I was
> projecting.  The illusion was very effective, with people going oooooo,
> ahhhhhh.
I remember reading your email about it ;-)

However, I am still interested in the more high-tech product I did ask
for: it's appealing in another sense.

Thanks,

Hans

> Kirby

Dr Hans Fangohr

Computational Engineering & Design Research Group
School of Engineering Sciences
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ
United Kingdom